I have a problem with this myco-protein mould based foodstuff. If I eat something containing it, no matter how small, I get ill. Really quite violently ill. The last time I took a bite – one bite – from a quorn burger I was doubled up with stomach pains and vomiting for three days.
I got off lightly. Allergy to Quorn is becoming more widely reported with symptoms including rectal bleeding, vomiting blood and burst blood vessels around the eyes.
Pubs and Restaurants sometimes sell products containing Quorn without identifying it in their burgers. I usually now make a point of asking the waiting staff who generally have no idea what I am talking about.
If you’re thinking of trying this stuff, be careful. My allergy developed over time. I now avoid it at all costs. I dread to think just what may happen if I ate it again. And apart from the unpleasant reaction, the stuff it pretty revolting anyway.